HCL Technologies is an Indian global IT services company based in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India. It provides services including software consulting, enterprise transformation, decentralized infrastructure management, engineering and R&D services, and business process outsourcing (BPO). With offices in 31 countries, HCL provides services in a variety of industries including aerospace and defense, utilities, independent software vendors, manufacturing, professional services, servers and storage, automotive, financial services, industrial manufacturing, media and entertainment, retail and consumer, telecommunications, Consumer electronics, government, life sciences and healthcare, medical devices, semiconductors, as well as travel, transportation and logistics. HCL Technologies is on the Forbes Global 2000 list and is one of the Fab 100 companies in Asia. On 15 February 2015, the market capitalization was 140,104 crore rupees ($22.48 billion). This made the company one of the top 20 largest listed companies in India. On August 3, 2015, HCL Technologies and its subsidiaries generated $6 billion in revenue.
HCL Corporation is a global company with annual revenues of more than $6 billion. HCL Technologies is the first of three companies under HCL Enterprise. The second company is HCL Infosystems, and in February 2014, HCL entered the healthcare market with the launch of HCL Healthcare. HCL Enterprise developed India's first domestic microcomputer. The company has been a leader in technological innovation, with many world premieres, including the first Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) in 1983, the 1984 client-server architecture, and the 1989 UNIX multiprocessor installation. The R & D department of HCL Enterprise was spun off as HCL Technologies in 1991, marking its entry into the software services industry.
|Capital Stream Inc||India||February 20, 2008||Provision of loans for automation solutions|
|Liberata Financial Services||Great Britain||BPO|
|Control Point Solutions, Inc.||USA||August 25, 2008||Telecommunications Solutions Company|
|AXON Group Plc||Great Britain||December 15, 2008||SAP consulting company|
|UCS Group's Enterprise Solutions SAP practice||South Africa||16th of July 2009||SAP unit|
- Post-acquisition, CapitalStream was sold to Line Data in March 2013
- Control Point Solutions has been renamed HCL Expense Management Solutions. Later, in January 2011, Tangoe acquired HCL's fixed and mobile expense management solutions method, machining centers, and support staff, based in Alpharetta, GA and East Rutherford, NJ. HCL continues to provide offshore services and support from India.
- HCL AXON is now the Enterprise Application Services Division of HCL (citation required).
HCL has offices in 31 countries worldwide. In the APAC and EMEA regions, HCL has locations in Australia, the People's Republic of China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, UAE and Qatar. In Europe, HCL has locations in Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. In the Americas, HCL has offices in Brazil, Mexico, Puerto Rico and the US.
- Business Services: The Group's portfolio includes technical support, financial and accounting services, supply chain management, knowledge and legal services, customer relationship management and human resource outsourcing. Its vertical reach includes banking and capital markets, insurance, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, media, publishing and entertainment, utilities, hi-tech and manufacturing, retail and consumer goods, and the travel, transportation and logistics industries.
- Custom Application Services: Custom Application Services: The Group's spectrum includes application development, application support and maintenance, application consulting and integration, re-engineering and application modernization, and application migration. The vertical reach includes retail, banking, insurance, media and publishing, the gaming industry and life sciences.
- Engineering and R & D services: The Group's portfolio includes hardware product engineering, embedded software and systems development, engineering, software product engineering, and out-of-the-box engineering. Its vertical reach includes aerospace and defense, automotive, consumer electronics, industrial manufacturing, medical devices, networking and telecommunications, semiconductors, servers and storage, and the software industry.
- Enterprise Application Services: The Group's portfolio includes global enterprise resource planning, application support and maintenance, enterprise performance management and business intelligence, enterprise asset management, and human capital management. HCL provides these services for SAP, Oracle and Microsoft technologies. The vertical coverage covers aerospace and defense, banking services, consumer products, insurance, government, life sciences and healthcare, manufacturing and hi-tech, media and entertainment, oil and gas industry, professional services, retail, telecommunications, travel, transportation and logistics industry as well as the energy supply industry. To offer an assortment of enterprise applications with a complete life cycle, HCL acquired AXON Group Plc and made it the largest acquisition of an Indian technology company. HCL even won ArcelorMittal's FT award 'Boldness in Business' in 2009 for this strategic acquisition
- Enterprise Transformation Services: The Group's portfolio includes enterprise and technology transformation, data warehousing and business intelligence, middleware and SOA, enterprise content management and portals, independent review and validation, IT governance and process quality consulting.
- IT Infrastructure Management Services: The Group's portfolio includes cloud computing, end-user computing, data center and network transformation, information security, integrated operations management, cross-divisional services, mainframe and AS/400, and systems integration. The vertical reach includes the automotive, chemical, energy (oil and gas) and utilities, financial services, hi-tech, insurance, manufacturing, retail, travel, tourism and logistics, banking, consumer electronics, food, beverage and beverage industries Tobacco industry, independent software vendors, life sciences, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, telecommunications and media, publishing and entertainment.
HCL's ecosystem consists of nearly 100 companies from different technology areas with which it has established alliances for the market, special partnerships for niche technologies and cooperation partnerships for specific customers.
- HCL Global Strategic Alliances: Microsoft, Cisco, EMC, SAP.
- Other strategic alliances: Oracle, IBM, VMware, TIBCO, HP, ServiceNow, CA Technologies, Amazon Web Services, CSC.
- Special Partnerships: Salesforce, Informatica, SAS, Splunk, BMC Software, Net App, VMware, Pega, MicroStrategy, Teradata, Avataq, Misys, eBaoTech, JDA, Guidewire, Hybris, Appian.